Beef Curry Pie (gluten/grain free)
My family loves curry, and who doesn’t like pie? I guess that’s how I decided to make beef curry pie one night. Also, it was the day before our major grocery shopping and I wanted to use up what I had in my kitchen. I had a plethora of ground beef in the freezer, some frozen broccoli and cauliflower, almond and coconut flour, eggs, and seasoning. Here is what I came up with:
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 TBS coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 large farm fresh egg
- 2 TBS coconut oil(I buy Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil from tropical traditions < affiliated link *see note below)
However, if you are trying coconut oil for the first time and are looking for a less expensive brand you may want to try this brand. Tropical Traditions is by far my favorite brand though.
- 1 lb browned ground beef (preferably grass fed)
- 3/4 bag frozen Broccoli chopped small
- ¾ bag frozen Cauliflower chopped small (you could also use fresh broccoli and cauliflower but this is what I had on hand)
- 1 ½ TBS coconut oil
- ¼ cup Chicken bone broth
- 1 ½ TBS Arrowroot powder
- 2 clove garlic
- 2 ½ TBS Curry
- ½ tsp ginger
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp coriander
- ½ tsp chili
- 1 ½ tsp salt
For the crust:
1. In a medium size mixing bowl place your almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and salt and mix well.
2. In a larger mixing bowl beat one large egg. Add coconut oil and mix.
3. Add your dry ingredients to the wet and mix thoroughly.
4. Press your crust into a pie pan till it’s spread evenly over your pan. It doesn’t have to be perfect.
For the filling:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Defrost the broccoli and cauliflower a bit in a colander in a bowl by running warm water over it and letting it sit a minute or so while you go on to the next step.
3. Place minced or chopped garlic cloves into a large pot with coconut oil and add your beef. Brown your ground beef.
4. Add your defrosted cauliflower and broccoli to the pot of beef and garlic. Use a spatula to chop your broccoli and cauliflower smaller as you cook it if the are larger pieces.
5. Add bone broth, spices, arrowroot powder and mix. Let it simmer till everything is cooked.
Putting it all together:
1. Place your beef filling into the pie pan you have prepped with crust.
2. Place into your preheated (400 degree) oven.
3. Cook for 10 minutes. Take out your finished product and let it sit for 5-10 minute before cutting to serve.
And here is my finished product! The hubby said I “won first prize!” (his way of saying I made an awesome dinner that he would love to eat again).
I took this last photo quick before my husband finished it off.
*Some of the above links are affiliate links. Click here to learn more about affiliate links.