Easy Cheesy Egg Bake
I had my in laws over for the holidays and needed to whip up something simple to feed everyone for breakfast. So I made this Easy Cheesy Egg Bake.
Super simple and you can add any egg friendly extra ingredients you want or have lying around the home (like black beans, mushrooms, onions, spinach, cooked sweet potatoes, ground beef or sausage, chicken etc…).
- 16 eggs (preferably farm fresh)
- 1 cup of full fat coconut milk (you could use any milk you like though: cows milk, almond milk, etc…)
- about a 12-16 ounces of yummy meat of your choice (I used some nitrate free salami)
- veggies! (I used 1/2 of 3 different bell peppers-red, orange and yellow)
- a block of cheese of your choice (I used Monterrey Jack-yum! You can use more or less cheese. I used a lot to make it a nice comfort meal for my guests)
- coconut oil for greasing your pan(I buy Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil from tropical traditions. However, if you are trying coconut oil for the first time and are looking for a less expensive brand you may want to try this brand. Tropical Traditions is by far my favorite brand though.
You can add any fixings you like!
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a large glass Pyrex casserole pan (<I love these ones with the lids for storing leftovers easily in the fridge) with coconut oil.
- Chop up veggies and lunch meat or brown your beef/sausage if you choose to use that instead.
- Grate your cheese block and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat 16 eggs with 1 cup of full fat coconut milk (or whatever milk you choose).
- Pour half the egg mixture into the Pyrex pan.
- Sprinkle meat and veggies all over the egg in your dish. Sprinkle half your cheese over the meat and veggies.
- Pour the other half of your egg mixture into the pan.
- Sprinkle the rest of your cheese over the top of your casserole pan.
- Cover the casserole pan with aluminum foil and place in the preheated oven.
- Cook for about 25 minutes with foil on, then uncover and cook for an additional 30 minutes. If cheese starts to brown too much before the enter is done you can replace the foil on top and continue to cook until the middle is solid.
- When the egg bake is finished cooking take it out and allow it to cool/set for about 5-10 minutes before serving.
There you have it… easy cheesy egg bake. This recipe was a family crown pleaser. I got compliments on how fluffy it was (which is most likely from the coconut milk so don’t skimp on the milk).
And I actually made this the night before and left it in the fridge to cook up the next morning without any morning prep.
*Some of the above links are affiliate links. Click here to learn more about affiliate links.