DIY Yoga Mat Spray
I don’t know about you but my yoga mat is old and well used. I’ve used various cleaners on it before but today I made a DIY yoga mat spray that is non toxic and smells fantastic. I just had to share this easy recipe with you. It couldn’t be more simple to make.
But I don’t just use this on my yoga mat. I also use it as a linen spray or to get rid of odors in shoes or furniture.
Here is what I did.
What You Will Need:
- 2 ounce glass spray bottle (I prefer these glass amber bottles I found on amazon)
- 30 drops of Young Living Purification essential oil (one of the fantastic oils that comes in the Premium Starter Kit) ** see notes on this oil below
- Witch Hazel
- Optional but very helpful: a small funnel (this helps eliminate messes when pouring your witch hazel or any other liquids and oils when you do DIYs)
A Little Info on the products before you get started…
You will want to use a glass spray bottle because toxins from plastic can leach into your spray (especially when using essential oils).
Why Purification Essential Oil?
Purification is the ultimate weapon against odors. Citronella, Lavandin, Lemongrass, Rosemary, Myrtle, and Tea Tree work together to create a refreshing, bright scent.
** Keep out of reach of children. For external use only. Keep away from eyes and mucous membranes. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health professional prior to use.
This oil is perfect for eliminating odors.
This blend includes tea tree oil which is often used for its cleansing properties.
Now lets get started.
- Pour 30 drops of Young Living Purification into your glass spray bottle.
- Use a small funnel to pour witch hazel into the glass bottle. I fill it up to the top (leaving enough room so it doesn’t spill over when I put the lid on the bottle).
- Put the lid back on your spray bottle.
- Shake, then use on your yoga mat, linens, smelly shoes, or wherever else you need to eliminate odors. Be careful to keep it away from your eyes when spraying.
There you have it. Another wonderfully easy DIY with essential oils.
*Some of the above links are affiliate links. Click here to learn more about affiliate links.